The VC judges gave us a fantastic score, but more important to us was the feedback from the salespeople in the audience. They hunted us down and said things like:
- “Directly dialing me into my conference calls!! Without memorizing the all the numbers! Awesome!”
- “Filling in the text message to tell my customer I’m running late, so I don’t have to do it while I’m driving? Or pull over? That’s incredible.”
- “I want it now! Give it to me now!”
This is music to our ears. It’s better than winning.
Our message is simple: In order to successfully execute customer meetings, a salesperson needs access to information from a lot of different systems. It is hard or impossible to access this information from a mobile phone. Selligy solves this for salespeople.
After delivering the demo we had rehearsed for weeks, we were blown away by the judges’ scores - a FIVE, the only pitch to get a 5 (out of 5) all night!! from Rob Coneybeer, Shasta Ventures.
I believe we won for two reasons:
- The market opportunity is massive! Aaron Levie, co-founder of Box kicked off the competition by stating employees are disconnected from their enterprise while in the field. In sales - this is most acute. Not having the right information before a sales call can literally mean lost revenue.
- Selligy has assembled the right team to pull this off. I’ve traveled the world having customer meetings. Usman codes so fast he wears out keyboards. And Brian’s design talent and attention to detail can be seen everywhere.
But enough celebrating! We’re already back to work preparing for our next beta release. If you’re in sales, sign up now! We’re giving away a Jambox speakerphone to one lucky person who registers before the end of July.
Nilay, Co-founder and CEO